Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11-2001 We Will Never Forget

I will always remember Sept 11, 2001. I was sitting in gym class stretching with friends, when the Principal announced over the PA system that a plane crashed in New York. At the time, being young and stupid, I thought "Plane crashed in New York, that's sad but what does it have to do with me?" I know it's rather selfish to say but I was young at the time. So when gym class was over, I walked into my next class and on the TV was the smoking Twin Towers. It was then I realized that something so much more than a plane crash had taken place. I watched the footage while other students around me cried and somehow even in that moment I knew things would never be the same. 

Here we are 12 years later and that memory is still as fresh as when it happened. A terrible act was committed that day, one that words can't really begin to describe. What's more is that brave men and women gave up their lives to protect the rest of us. So today I want to honor them for their sacrifice, without them things could have been so much worse. My prayers are with the families of those lost to this tragedy, praying strength and grace over them as they remembered their loved ones today. Even though the people who lost their lives can't see this I still think it needs to be said. Thank You! I also want to thank all the soldiers who have gone to war since, thank them for fighting and giving up their lives so that I can live and be free. Without the soldiers we truly would be lost.

Today is a day not to be taken lightly. Take a few minutes to remember that day clearly in your mind. Remember your feelings, and then say a prayer for all those that fought to save your life, the soldiers and even those on the planes themselves. I am not saying you can't laugh and have a good day, I am going to celebrate life today but I am also going to take a few moments to remember, remember what was done to protect the lives of the people of this country and the sacrifices that have been made since.

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment