Sunday, September 15, 2013

Simple Moments, Lasting Memories

Greetings and Salutations!!

One of my friends came to me today and told me I needed to post more. I couldn't help but laugh because it made me happy to know that people were reading this. So this particular post is dedicated to you, dear friend, who wants to read more of my crazy thoughts on things. You know who you are ;)

I am in a pretty good mood today, and I found a gif to kind of show how i feel and yes it's another Supernatural gif, but it captures me perfectly!

Yes I am doing a happy dance today for a number of reasons. One of them being I had a great time with my family today. It was just a good time of fellowship and laughs and it was very much needed. The other reason is because I took a picture today and sent it to one of my favorite authors. It was something so simple but I found it funny and sent it to her and she retweeted it. -insert fangirly squeal here- (It probably looks something like this, but with jumping and squealing)


After she retweeted it, it went viral!!! Something me, little Nicol, who lives in some obscure and unknown place posted went completely viral in the fandom. Yes it's something silly to be excited over but I was excited that it went that far. Now fans are plotting crimes to steal the sign in the picture but it was just amazing to me that something I took brought that all together. That got me thinking, well that and other things in my life.

It sounds silly but all I really want right now is to feel important to someone, to matter I guess would be a way to explain it. I know I matter to friends and my family but I just want to feel important. Like when a friends sends you a text with an inside joke or someone famous retweets your tweet. I want to feel that way and I haven't felt that way in a long time. My personality is to do that for other people, by picking out something I know you like, even if it's small, or sending a text or picture of something I know you will find amusing. I go out of my way to let people know I am thinking about them, and that they are important enough that I remembered them when I saw something. I want that too. So when it happened on Twitter with one of my favorite authors, it just made my entire week. It's simple and seems silly to some but to me it meant quite a lot.

Today is a day I will always remember, do you have moments like that? Those are moments to treasure and think back on, especially when you are feeling low. God totally gives us moments like these to look back on when we are feeling down, I believe that wholeheartedly. Now for some it may not be what I experienced but we are all unique people, with different likes. Today God totally blessed me and put the biggest smile on my face, today he found an awesome way to make me feel special and important. That is how awesome God is, he knows just how to make your day or your week in my case. So if you are feeling blue, think back on a good memory, something that just totally made your day. If that doesn't work, come find me, I am sure I can put a smile on your face.


SORRY! I totally had to put that up there because as I was writing that line that scene totally came to mind. Yes I am a die hard batman fan, I just can't help it. But if you liked the movie, I am sure you probably just smiled.

To summarize, God is good, my life is awesome and though I may feel low tomorrow, I have good memories to look back on. I am one blessed girl and I am just happy I can share it with you my lovely readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment