Sunday, September 8, 2013

A lesson in patience

Greeting Readers!

I hope that all is well in your lives. I know my blog has been lacking excitement lately but I have been working, and going to class and studying, so I am sorry for the lack of posts. However inspiration has struck and I have somethings I want to say.

You know the saying "Good things come to those who wait"? I kind of hate that saying and this is why. Patience has never really be my strong suite. I tend to get super excited about things to come, or the plans I have for myself and don't want to wait. I want to get to it and start right then and there but that's not reality. If that was the case we would all be achieving everything lightning fast and it would kind of lose it's value.

The reason I bring this all up is because of some of the things I want to do. it's no secret that I want to be an author. I love books and I have some good ideas jumbling around in my head. Ok I think they are good ideas, but if everyone else thinks they are good has yet to be seen. Anywho, in my mind I see the writing process being super easy and just bam write a story and send it to a publisher. After reading authors' blogs and such I find that is not the case. It's so much more in depth and there is so much more to it. It kind of shows how naive I am but I am new to the whole market. Not only is the whole process in depth but it takes time. It takes patience. I have a small idea for a story, and I just want the whole thing to be handed to me on a platter. I want God to say "Here Nicol, here is the story, now write like the wind." Yes God would so say something like that to me. That's not reality. I have a lot going on and even some authors have waited years before their books were even ready to be brought before a publishing company. It's all part of a process.

In my life right now, I have a lot of things going on. Work, School, Family Commitments, Church Commitments, and that doesn't leave much time for writing.Not too mention that I am not that patient. In fact I need a heavy dose of patience.  I so desperately want to get my story out there and watch it go places but it has to be all in good time. I have to wait and let the inspiration and timing fall into place. I am a firm believer in everything happening when God meant for it to happen. Maybe now the seed of the story has been sown and as time passes it will begin to grow and when I have the time, then it will just spring right out of me. I am not going to give up on my dreams, I just have to learn to be patient and wait on God. I need to learn to enjoy life and not get so gung ho about things. Being excited is one thing, wanting to jump in, with no experience or idea what I am doing isn't so smart.

Are there things in your life you are excited about? Are you wanting to just jump right in like me? If you feel any opposition at all, or a warning in the pit of your stomach, chances are it's not that time. Good things do come to those who wait, and patience is a good virtue. Such cliche sayings but they are the truest words that have been spoken on the manner. Don't push your dream away, just relax, keep it on the back burner. When the time is right, for whatever you are dealing with, you will know. It will just click into place, everything will line up just right. I know it will for me and I know it will for you too. I even have a bible verse to back me up. 

Isaiah 40:31:Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

James 5:7-8: Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.

These are two of my favorite verses. The second one especially. Yes it says the coming of the Lord but in this instance it's the coming of the things the Lord has for you in your life. For me it's the story I want to write, the one bubbling inside of me. Just like I said before, the seed has been planted, now like a patient farmer I just have to be patient and wait. I can't make it grow or pull it too early, it won't be right. If I wait on the Lord, then I know it will come in due season at the right time. So be encouraged by these verses, God has good things in store for each of us. We just have to rest in him and let them happen when they happen. 
You should know that as I was writing this, I was getting something from it too. That verse in James really encouraged me, which always makes me smile. I love it when i get revelation from things as I am writing. I know that patience isn't easy and that tomorrow I will battle with it again but my dreams are worth it. Besides I always have these awesome verses to really bolster that determination in me. 


Be blessed dear readers! And remember to hang onto those dreams, and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment