Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Book Review Tuesday!!!

Another post! I know it seems like I have no life but I went to work I promise. Seeing as I have some peace and quiet, I have decided to start a tradition on my blog. Book Review Tuesdays! Why Tuesdays might you ask? Well new books that are being released get released on Tuesdays, so I figure why not honor the day by gushing over some of my favorite books. Now I have read a ton of books in my life, so some of them may be slightly older but I love to read and I love to help get the word out about my favorite author's and the stories they worked hard on. So let the first ever Book Review Tuesday begin!!

In honor of my new blog, thanks to the inspiration of characters from Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series, and the fourth installment in said series coming out, I am going to review this series. Now I can't just review one of the books at a time because they are a package deal. Once you read one, you will have to get the next one and the one after that. I am against spoilers so you won't get any from me. I will tell you what I feel you need to know and let you discover the wonder of the series like I did. But first a short little story of how I stumbled across said series.

**Wayne's world flash back sequence Here**

My mom is an avid reader and I was finishing another book series when she suggest Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout. She did warn me first though, there were aliens in the book. I am not a sci-fi person by any means so I was like, I will pass. Some time passed and I was desperate for something to read, I was bored and TV wasn't doing it for me. So i decided to bit the bullet and read the book and thus a friendship was formed.

Obsidian is the first in the Lux Series where we met Katy Swartz, your average teenager, who moved to a po-dunk town in West Virginia. This lucky lady happens to live next to the hottest fictional character ever Daemon Black, who is your not so average guy. He's hotter than hades and every time I think of him my face flushes but man oh man. In my mind, he's like my ideal guy, for real. If I could have a fictional character as a boyfriend, I would take Daemon Black all the way, and that's saying something because I have read a lot of books. I don't want to give too much of the plot away but let's just say these two and their chemistry is off the charts and will have you laughing, and getting all irritated and a bunch of other emotions. They had been cheering and yelling and all kinds of crazy things. They are just so epic. But what I really love about these characters is how down to earth they are. Hahaha Pun intended. Jennifer Armentrout writes in the way these characters think. The thoughts are real, and I found myself reading and thinking the exact same thing as Katy, which is probably why I am so attached to these books. I find Katy and I are very much alike and she was after all the reason I started this blog, well she was the inspiration anyway.

I know I am probably making no sense but I can't help it. These books are just so epic and awesome. I am doing a re-read of them and haven't really been able to put them down. I stay up till all hours of the morning reading and then wake up earlier than I want but it's soooooooo worth it. Now I know you read that these are about aliens, but before it turns you away, let me just say this. Take your notions about little green men and probing (lol) and toss them away. Daemon Black is not your average alien. So don't judge based on that fact alone. These aliens are unlike anything you've ever encountered before and you will find yourself wanting more and more of them. Trust me.

The other two in the series are Onyx and Opal with Origins coming out the 27th of August. There is also a prequel story, that I recommend you read called Shadows. It really helps pull all the pieces together. I read Obsidian, then Shadows and then the other two and it really cleared a lot up for me. I recommend reading it before Opal, but I won't tell you why. You will just have to read and find out.

In all seriousness guys, I truly recommend this series. It's got action, adventure, romance, and some of the greatest dialogue I've ever read. The plot is compelling and definitely keeps you on your toes and the writing is so down to earth and modern that it just pulls you right in. When i read these books, I am not in some crappy town, I am with Katy and Daemon, I am experiencing their lives and going through what they are going through. To me it's like a movie playing in my head and everything around me fades away. Ironically, OBsidian is being made into a movie. All the more reason to read these books, it means you will be apart of the fandom before the movie comes out. You will be able to school those newbies!!! Yes to me that means a lot, I always got into things too late but not this time.

So here is another challenge for you my dear readers. Go rent/buy/find a copy of Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout and read it. I would so give copies out if I had any but alas they are on my kindle. Anyways, go out and read it, I double, no triple dog dare you to do it. I promise you won't be disappointed, my mother, yes I said that, my mother loved these books. They are for all ages and tastes and I know you will love them as much as I do. Besides don't you want to know more about the girl who inspired this blog? The girl who helped motivate me to write down my thoughts and feelings. Heck, she inspired me to start reviewing my favorite books. Jennifer Armentrout's hard work and awesome characters helped me a lot in this arena and I think she deserves your time and a chance to experience what I experienced.

Get up off the chair and head out and find a copy of Obsidian right now! Go read it! Once you finish Obsidian, read Onyx and then Opal and on August 27th we can celebrate the release of Origin together! Happy Reading!!

-Nicol


No comments:

Post a Comment