Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Of Movies and Dreams

It's a wonderful night for me, my dear readers!

I just got back from seeing Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. I loved it! I won't review it fully just yet, that's what Mondays are for. But I really do recommend seeing it. However, I am worried for the film. It opened today and when I went to the movie theater, I expected to see a huge crowd but there wasn't. I think there was a grand total of 12 people in the theater when Myself and My Mom were there. Now granted it was a wednesday night, middle of the week, people had work the next day but still. I am really worried for everyone on the film and Cassandra Clare. I too am an aspiring writer and would love to see what I write hit the screen and I am just concerned. The reviews aren't good so far and it's just got me all nerves. I know it's silly but I know how I would be if I were in that position. However the movie was worth seeing, even if you haven't read the book before.

Watching this movie however stirred a desire in me that I've had for a long time. I am aspiring writer, I haven't written anything exciting but I came to a conclusion today. I am going to write short stories when I get  the ideas. It's a start and someday they may turn into something so much more. I have a dream to one day write a book and touch the lives of others. My dream goes much farther than that because I want to see it on the big screen. I want my words to come to life. I know it seems far fetched but I just can't help it, it's in me. I've always been an avid reader and a movie person and it would just be neat to see those two things come together. I also want to teach history too. I am just a woman of many dreams. I know that God made me this way and blessed me with this imagination, and I am going to seek him to cultivate the ideas. I am just so inspired.

I said all of this to encourage you, to follow your dreams. And to go see the Mortal Instruments because I so badly want them to do well. But your dreams are not far fetched, nothing is out of reach or impossible. You've just got to believe and wait for proper timing. So be encouraged, and I hope you have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment